Subject: Re: booting current....
To: Robert D. Billing <rbilling@shell.aros.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/1999 14:46:54
Robert D. Billing  (rbilling@shell.aros.net) wrote:

>Everything compiles fine, however, when I try and boot the newly created
>kernel I
>get the following error:
>
>root device: SPLUSBCHECK failed 0x0!=0x30000122,
>../../../../dev/usb/usbdi.c:729
>usb_transfer_complete: bad dequeue 0xe0234180 !=0x0
>
>I've looked at the usbdi.c file line 729 and it sure enough is
>SPLUSBCHECK, but I'm not
>familiar enough with the code to know what it is doing or has done.
>
>Anybody else have this problem?

Yes. I had this problem in a -current kernel I built last week and also
today.  I wasn't able to test anything in between because of the probems
with an unresolved symbol in the cardbus stuff most of last week, but
that's now been fixed.

I wonder if you're seeing the same problem up to this point as well.  My
kernel boots (and finds the Adaptec 2930) and gets all the way to the
prompt for the root device (I'm using a netboot).  At this point I
attempt to type in "wd1<cr>" which has a loaded filesystem, but nothing
gets echoed back.  When it sees the <cr> it pauses about 10 seconds then
spits out the SPLBUSBCHECK error and echos the "w".  If I type in
"d1<cr>" at this point it prompts for the dump and filesystem entries. I
enter "<cr>" to both which it seems to accept and it proceeds to display
that it's loading from wd1 then it hangs forever.  Going back and booting
the other kernel I have (netbsd.WATERDEEP79) it comes up and runs from
wd1, so I know the filesystem is still OK.  Is it possible I'm hung
because I don't have the new type of disklabel on the disk?

-bob