Subject: Re: Adaptec SCSI
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 17:31:51
Thor Lancelot Simon writes:

[...]
> That is _precisely_ my position.  I don't think mailbombing people at
> Adaptec is going to get any useful result.  On the other hand, politely
> asking Adaptec to help resolve the current situation is probably a good
> thing.

Why bother?  It is easier to buy an Advansys, or Buslogic, or some other
brand.  If Adaptec really wanted my business, they would support the OS
that _I_ chose by, at the very minimum, providing technical documentation
to waiting highly skilled developers.

Ultimately my $$$ (yeah, 3 '$' for these suckers) will end up going to
another vendor, simply because my first choice (Adaptec) doesn't appear
to be cooperative.

Seriously, how much begging should an _end user_ do?  If they don't
support what I need, I buy something else.  Maybe I break down and buy
a fancy DPT card for $1000, instead of an Adaptec for $300.  Who knows,
but ultimately Adaptec lost, I was merely inconvenienced.

So, I might talk to people, and express my unhappiness with the
situation, and say "May be you should consider another vendor", and maybe
they listen. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.