Subject: Re: Adaptec SCSI
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 13:02:18
On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 06:19:36AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 06:09:35AM -0500, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> > I'm increasingly of the opinion that such logic is not only incorrect,
> > but self-defeating.  Getting a flood of complaints from customers is
> > the *only* thing that will wake up some of these companies.  I
> > encourage people to call Adaptec and bother them until they do
> > something.
>
> I believe the basic point at issue here is in what manner you make
> requests of the company, not whether or not you do.
>
> It's okay to be firm, but being either whiny or demanding (or, hell,
> both) is a Grade A1 Bad way to do things.
>
> If you're serious, but calm and patient, folks are much more likely to
> actually hear what you're saying over how you're saying it.
>
> Not to say that Adaptec doesn't "deserve" hate mail, but perhaps
> they'll respond a bit better if they receive ten or twenty well
> thought-out and worded requests, no?

That's probably true.

Now, if they respond and tell you that "they already sent something to
NetBSD" (which they have told the developers several times, much to our
mystification) I suggest that you politely ask them exactly what
developer they sent them to, and at what address.

You might also ask them why they asked the other BSD developers they
sent copies to not to share those copies with us.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"