Subject: Re: Adaptec SCSI
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 06:19:36
On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 06:09:35AM -0500, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> I'm increasingly of the opinion that such logic is not only incorrect,
> but self-defeating.  Getting a flood of complaints from customers is
> the *only* thing that will wake up some of these companies.  I
> encourage people to call Adaptec and bother them until they do
> something.

I believe the basic point at issue here is in what manner you make
requests of the company, not whether or not you do.

It's okay to be firm, but being either whiny or demanding (or, hell,
both) is a Grade A1 Bad way to do things.

If you're serious, but calm and patient, folks are much more likely to
actually hear what you're saying over how you're saying it.

Not to say that Adaptec doesn't "deserve" hate mail, but perhaps
they'll respond a bit better if they receive ten or twenty well
thought-out and worded requests, no?

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net