Subject: Re: Adaptec SCSI
To: Robert D. Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/02/1999 19:58:59
On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Robert D. Billings wrote:

> Am I to understand with the postings earlier in the day that there is not
> currently nor will there be soon support for some of the more popular
> Adaptec cards, including the 2940 and 2930?

The 2930 and non-LVD 2940's should work. If they don't, we can try to fix
them.

The newer Adaptecs aren't going to be supported for a while. Exactly how
long depends on Adaptec. This limitation also applies to the alpha and
i386 ports - it's not macppc specific (thought more annoying since Apple
ships Adaptec controllers).

Take care,

Bill