Subject: Re: Problems Netbooting B&W G3
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/1999 19:36:16
On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

| What's your bootptab entry look like?

Actually, I gave up on netbooting..instead I attached an external
drive, installed MacOS on it, then put the netbsd-GENERIC_MD kernel
on the root directory of it and booted off of that.  The kernel
booted fine, but sysinst doesn't seem to detect any hard drives to
install on.  When I select "Install" it says "I can not find any
hard disks for use by NetBSD.  You will be returned to the original
menu."  I tried going to the shell prompt and doing, for example,
disklabel -e sd0, but it gives the error "disklabel: /dev/rsd0c:
Device not configured".  The disk I want to install on is scsi id 0,
but I tried sd1, sd2, wd0, and wd1, just to be safe; however every
time I got the same error.
I vaguely remember something about problems with Adaptec 2940 scsi
cards, could that be it?  (I wish the mailing list archives were
searchable...)

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?