Subject: Starting X
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert D. Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/1999 23:15:54
Ok first of all my apologies, I know that is is late and that the sugar
buzz from my kids Halloween candy is bluring my senses. Besides that this
should be a simple answer.

Here is the problem. If I log in as a normal user and type startx I get the
following:

OsVendorInit
X: open kbd/mouse: No such file or directory
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
giving up.

xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to X server

xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

However, if I su to root and type the same thing in the same directory it
starts just fine.

Somebody please take pity on me and tell me what to do <<lots of begging
and grovelling at the keyboard>>

Thanks.

Rob