Subject: Load average
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/1999 14:02:57
I'm still pretty new to the whole NetBSD thing, so this may sound a bit
silly...

On Linux, with a Pentium/75 that I have, the load average when the system
is doing nothing is about 0.01 to 0.05.  That's with all sorts of daemons
(more than will fit on a screen).  With NetBSD/macppc with nothing but 16
processes running (the biggest ones being update and crond), when the
system is not doing too much of anything, I get a load average of about
0.09 to 0.27 (usually).  And the processor on NetBSD/macppc is a 603e/200
PowerPC chip?  Why is this happening?

TIA,

--fission