Subject: Boot sequence
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy <andy@softbook.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/29/1999 15:14:30
Sorry for lame questions in advance..
I'm trying to understand the boot process but am a bit lost in the maze of
files in the sys directory. What is the exact sequence?
Basically I'd like to know what  gets invoked , in what order and where the
code is located in the source tree
In particular:
When you say in OF:  boot /blah/sd0:0 -what exactly happens?
Who looks at the NetBSD partition map and figures out where the boot code
lives ? OF ?
I understand that there's gotta be some booter program that gets invoked by OF
How does exactly  it get invoked?
What OF commands are sent?
Where is the code of the booter located in the src directory?

And as if this was not enough:
What is the binary format of the NetBSD kernel?
Where can I find the description of it ? Structures?

TIA
Andy