Subject: Re: CVS server hosed?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/29/1999 15:03:55
Why did this jump to macppc?

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 09:56:06AM -0700, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > Tried it, but:
> >
> > 1. package tools won't work because of a disk space reporting bug.  df
> >    shows numbers that are ridiculously large and frequently negative.
>
> This sounds like the mkfs/df bug that's been cropping up with every
> third new install to send email to the list.
>
> Has this been fixed, Bill? Only in current? Reintroduced in 1.4.1? Is

Something is wrong with the filesystems mkfs is making. I have no idea
what.

> there a way to get sane numbers without re-mkfs'ng?

Can't tell.

> > 2. tar -xzf got me the cvs file, but didn't contain the necessary kerberos
> >    libraries.

Kerberos comes seperate; it's not in the cvs files. The NetBSD package
contains:

.if exists(/usr/lib/libkrb.a)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-krb4=/usr --enable-encryption
.endif

so we use local kerberos if it's there.

> Ew. Sounds like someone in the core needs to fix CVS, and quick.

?? The package seems fine. David's trying to do things directly. :-)

Take care,

Bill