Subject: Re: Problems with a PMac 7600
To: None <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron Jackson <jackson@msrce.howard.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/29/1999 09:05:10
>Currently I'm trying to learn more about the system. One of the most
>interesting things is how to change the screen resolution because 640x480
>is definitly not big enough. From the postings last week my conclusion is
>that it is set in OF but nobody knows how. Is that right? Are you all
>using 640x480? And the hint

Get the LinuxPPC1997* file from ftp.aaronjackson.com.  There is some
examples of changing screen resolution.  Maybe somebody could port the
vmode program to NetBSD?  I'm not much of a programmer, so I haven't
looked at the source code, but I think it is just writing values to
nvram.  Also, you could set the screen resolution in macos and it
*should* also carry over into NetBSD, unless something in the boot
process resets the nvram.

Aaron Jackson