Subject: Re: Speaking of Boot Variables...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/28/1999 21:48:51
Bill Studenmund  (wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov) wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Aaron Jackson wrote:
>
>> Interesting.  I'm using 8.6 on an 8500 with stuffit 5.  I first
>> stuffed it and then I made it self extracting.  Maybe that's the
>> problem.  I just replaced it with another one that I made self extracting
>> the first time.
>
>I think there's a bug in the sea code!
>
>Even your new one didn't work, giving the same errors.
>
>StuffIt Expander 4.0.2 and 4.5 didn't like the archive, saying it was
>corrupt.
>
>Stuffit Expander 5.1.3, though, liked it, and now I've expanded it. :-)

We had the same problem with the lastest version of Mkfs I did for the
mac68k port.  I hadn't changed anything on my system tools for years, but
I think someplace along the way a new Stuffit Engine got dropped into my
system.  I seem to recall Aladdin making some mention about some
compression incompatibilites around the time of their 5.x release.

-bob