Subject: a stupid MacPPC question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Igor N. Green <green@unix.kg>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/27/1999 09:46:37
Hello people.
I'm new to this list. I subscribed to it only because I have got a MacPPC
g3 266, and I don't know what to do with it.
the problem is that I have never worked with Mac's before and now I'm
having a hard time even booting it from a floppy.

could anyone tell me how to make this thing boot.
there is a MacOs installed on this Mac but it won't boot b/c it can't find
a library.
I have downloaded a floppy image from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org
dd'ed it to a floppy and instered it into Mac's floppy drive, it just
ejects the floppy every time it boots.
I know it is a very stupid question but I need your help, people.
I checked How-To's but there is some general info how to install netBSD,
I know I should ask Apple guys about how to boot from floppy, but, damn
it, it shouldn't be that hard after all.

could anyone tell me how stable the Macppc port of NetBSD is?
maybe NetBSD is not worth installing and I can have something else?
sorry people, please don't flame me for my being a [l]user in this aspect.

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Igor N. Green