Subject: Re: Zapped pram...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Pawel Jaskorzynski <pawel@mw.mil.pl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/27/1999 08:36:31
Here is how it went:
	After zapping ther pram, my machine wouldn't boot. I had to make the
disk bootable using the install floppy. Then, after that my video was
gone, and wouldn't start working regardless for setenv output-device
/bandit/formacGA4@D. I noticed the nvramrc line has been cleared by
zapping. So I booted from a MacOS8 CD. The line was filled with stuff.
Then NetBSD refused to boot again (Default catch ... ). So I blessed it
with the install floppy again, and this didn't help. I pulled from the
trash an old hd and installed MacOS 8.1 on it, then blessed the NetBSD
hd again, then setenv output-device /bandit/formacGA4@D and it worked.
Plus, during the problem I had to shut-down instaed just reset-all after
a Default Catch.
This was magic- it worked but I have no clue why and what exactly I did,
and I don't like it this way. I think I need more info on OF and how it
cooperates with OSes.
Anybody, any suggestions on resources?

Thanks,
	Pawel