Subject: Problems booting current...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert D. Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/1999 20:56:42
I've finally given in and removed my 2930 scsi card and reinstalled 1.4.1
on my B&W G3. I pulled off the latest current tarballs on Saturday and
compiled a kernel that hopefully will let me reinstall my 2930.

I had no problem compiling the kernel, however, booting is a different
story. Everything seems normal up to the point where it pauses looking for
where root is. After it returns control to the key board I enter wd1a as
usuall. It continues normal with reporting:
root device: wd1a
dump device (default wd1b):
file system (default generic):
root on wd1a dumps on wd1b

wd1: NetBSD disklabel
This last line is what is different, and all activity stops with it. I
can't get a debugger to come up or anything else to change.

Any ideas? -- Also, I've noticed that the bm0 fix that was mentioned in
this list a couple months ago isn't in place in 1.4.1 -- is it fixed in
current?

Rob