Subject: Supported models - anyone try the "New" iMac yet?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Key <key@Network-Alchemy.COM>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/20/1999 14:47:03
Greetings,

  I've checked out the supported models thread in the archive and
looked at Makoto Fujiwara's webpage (very nice!), but I still have
a question.

Has anyone successfully booted on one of the "New" iMac's (oct. 1999)
- the 350MHz/400MHz models that just came out?  Peeking over at
linuxPPC's FAQ, they say it, too, has a new chipset (I'm new to Mac PPC

I'd prefer to spend the extra $100 for the new 350MHz if it can run
NetBSD today (not future) as I'd like to play with an Airport at some
point in the future.  However, whatever I get has got to boot/run NetBSD
right now (the current "old" 333MHz iMacs do, don't they?)

Thanks for any advice,
Ken Key
--
Ken Key (key@network-alchemy.com)