Subject: Re: Now I've done it. I boughtta iMac.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/18/1999 18:31:59
Bill Studenmund  (wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov) wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>
>> So mark me down as an eager tester for Apple Partition Map support.
>
>Cool. Though the testing we need is not in the kernel. The two places that
>need work are:
[...]

>Also, it'd be nice to teach sysinst how to do macos partitioning. Colin
>Wood has done some work for mac68k towards this which would probasbly be a
>good starting point.

Uh, minor point here.  I did the original design and implementation of
the mac68k version of sysinst using the i386 as a template. Colin was
kind enough to review the code and fix some of the obscure bugs.  I also
have updates for the INSTALL documentation covering how to use it.  I'm
eager to get my Blue&White G3 up and running NetBSD too, and if I can get
there I'd me more than willing to work on the sysinst/macppc
implementation.  I think by now I have at least a hacker's level
knowledge of the Partition Map.  ;-)

-bob