Subject: Re: 7600 hangs on boot - solved!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Geoffrey C Kinnel <Geoffrey.Kinnel@bms.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/18/1999 15:36:51
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Geoffrey C Kinnel wrote:

[Bill's stuff about the memory kernel deleted - thanks for the
info]

> > Any reason that the netbsd kernel of May 10 wouldn't boot a
> > 7600/132, but the GENERIC_MD kernel would?
>
> No known reason why one would work but not the other. :-)

I turns out I had the 1.4 kernel of May 11, not the 1.4.1 kernel
of Aug 11. Silly me. It boots just fine now that I've incanted
the magic phrase 'tar xfz kern.tgz'.

Thanks for the pointers and tips.

One thing I will say, the ftp client is, um, fast. I actually
said "holy s**t" out loud when I saw it pull something in at >800
k/s. Heh.

Thanks again,
Geoff