Subject: Re: Now I've done it. I boughtta iMac.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/18/1999 10:33:46
> BTW I'd like to change the partition map now (before I start installing lots
> of stuff) in anticipation of later dual booting with NetBSD; should I have
> one extra partition besides MacOS or a small fleet of them like on mac68k?

I think this depends somewhat on the results of the disklabels vs
wedges war. But if you make one big one now you can split it into
several smaller ones later if needed. (macppc currently uses one big
one.)

You ought to be able to install both NetBSD and MacOS on the disk now,
it's just that the tools aren't going to make it nice and easy for
you. First install NetBSD, using only part of the disk. (Not sure if
sysinst lets you do that, so you might have to netboot and install by
hand.). Run installboot to create a partition table covering the
NetBSD partition. Then boot MacOS off CD, add a MacOS partition with
the Apple HD utility, and install MacOS onto it.

-- Dan