Subject: Re: Mac Partitions, was: Proper booting of iMac's and G3's.
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/14/1999 14:24:19
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> Any how common is the code?  Does it cross-reference the Mac-68k code, or
> do they both reference a common base?

They each have seperate files. One of the files was copied from the other.
:-)

> Where I'm really going with this is:  anybody thinking about making it
> possible for the i386 port to use it so I can transplant disks between
> either mac port and the PC port?  Does this even make sense given the
> endianness difference?

Yes, but I don't think the current code is the right thing to run with. I
mena it could be added, but our current system just doesn't scale well.

I think a better thing would be something along the lines of the recent
wedge discussions on tech-kern. :-)

Take care,

Bill