Subject: Re: Proper booting of iMac's and G3's.
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/14/1999 09:54:25
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 5:16 PM -0700 10/13/99, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >I did one of the first steps towards this recently. Macppc now understands
> >MacOS partitions, so it's much easier to set up partitioning which lives
> >w/ the booter. :-)
>
> This deserves an announcement!
>
> I presume it's in -current now?  Or does it still need to be committed?
> How does the level of support compare to port-mac68k, any major
> shortcomings?

Yes, it's in current.

How does it compare w/ the mac68k partitioning code.... given that I STOLE
it from mac68k, I think it compares well. :-) The only difference is that
this code looks for NetBSD disklabels before MacOS partitions (as
installbout makes a fake MacOS partition table in which it puts the boot
loader and which we need to ignore), and that it can write NetBSD
disklabels.

Take care,

Bill