Subject: Re: supported models
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/1999 17:38:57
Bill Studenmund  (wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov) wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Dan Winship wrote:
>
>> > Could you please get this pulled into -release? It was just a DELAY after
>> > all. :-)
>>
>> Well, I wanted to test it first. (I'm more concerned that for some
>> reason it won't work [longer delay needed or something] than that it
>> will break anything.) But I don't have a 1.4.1 source tree on my Mac,
>> and I keep thinking "once I get my DSL service working it will be easy
>> to get one", but I keep having more problems with Bell Satanic...
>>
>> Feel free to test it yourself and submit the pullup request.
>
>Unfortunatly I don't have an adaptec card with which to test. :-(

My 400Mhz G3 has the Apple/Adaptec 2930CU SCSI card it that helps.  I can
try and boot Kernels on my system, but unfortunately I have the updated
ROM and am getting the Claim errors and can't boot from the DVDROM
either.  I have successfully net-booted an old Kernel a few months ago
though, so I think I have a way of getting a boot to run.

-bob