Subject: Re: A question about "current"
To: None <jdavidb@dfw.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/07/1999 23:20:22
>   Once we get a larger installed user base, more stability, and more
> supported devices (or at least, fewer device incompatibilities), maybe
> we'll start seeing more regular snapshots like mac68k.  Meanwhile,

No. It is always better to close the feedback loop.

Does anyone have a spare powermac that is supported that they would be
willing to let go for cheap? I'm going to be looking for used stuff at
a swap meet on Saturday and if I don't find anything I may just break
down and get a display-model previous-generation iMac for $900.

The machine's primary task will be to generate exportable snapshots.
Goal is to crank out tarballs on a weekly basis. I've got quite a
machine room set up so far with i386/arm32/alpha/sparc/mac68k, but
things are starting to get crowded (and day job intervened) so I
haven't been able to finish setting up the HPUX file server yet.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com