Subject: Fun with a B&W G3
To: None <PORT-MACPPC@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/06/1999 19:23:31
Greetings!

I am attempting an install on a Blue&White G3, but am not getting far. I
have copied netbsd-GENERIC_MD to my MacOS system partition. It gets
loaded and started when I boot it from Open Firmware. It successfully
loads, asks the terminal type (well, "successfully" when I have the
mouse unplugged from the keyboard), and I can tell it to start the install
process. As soon as it starts looking for a disk, however, I get the
following repeatedly displayed on the console:

pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
type: ata
c_bcount: 512
c_skip: 0

The system is a B&W G3 with a 450MHz G4 processor, 256MB RAM, two ATI
Rage 128s, DVD, Zip, and a 12GB Quantum Fireball. Apple System Profiler
reports the DVD and Zip on ATA 0 and Quantum Fireball on ATA 1.

Any suggestions?

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu