Subject: Re: How to boot on a 9500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy <andy@softbook.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/05/1999 14:55:54
Thanks a lot to all who offered help in this tricky stuff
Couple of notes that might be useful to others:
9500 PPC mac
- on a 9500 boot.fs starts executing and then suddenly reboots
- Disconnecting the CD ROM drive ( a stock Apple drive that came wth the
machine) makes the problem go away
- Installed the distribution sets successfully.
- Made disk bootable ( per FAQ)
- restarted
Since auto-boot was off I'm back in the OF screen - what the heck is the
name of the boot device??
by trial and error found:  /bandit/gc/mesh/sd@0
Since 9500 has default input and output devi9ces set to serial had to :
setenv input-device kbd
setenv output device /bandit/ATY,XCLAIM ( <-in my case of course)
There's a program called Display Name Registry ( part of PCI DDK on the
Mac) that allows you to view the whole device tree ( on the Mac of course)
however you can do the same thing in the OF :
dev / <-- activates the root package
ls - displays it
then you can do things like dev /bandit/gc/mesh
pwd
displays the path to the node you are in

Thanks again
Andy