Subject: Re: How to boot on a Mac 6400
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?John=20Moore?= <johndanielmoore@yahoo.co.uk>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/03/1999 16:15:17
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] John Moore wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just installed NetBSD-1.4.1 on to a Mac 6400 using a serial
> console and everything seemed to go just fine.

Me too.  =)  I finally got around to backing up all of my data off of my
Mac...

> My problem is that I don't know how to boot it.

Again, me too.  :(  When I boot my Mac again, it gives me the disk icon
with the question mark.  I've tried using both the serial console and
screen/kbd but to no avail.  I've tried 'wd0' and
'/bandit/ohare/ATA/ATA-Disk' and neither worked at all, just gave me the
question disk icon.

What I don't understand is how you are _supposed_ to boot it.  The install
docs and FAQ are _extremely_ vague in that area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

--fission