Subject: Re: wscons problems on macppc, was -current on PowerBook G3/400
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/23/1999 17:06:00
wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov said:
> It didn't work (running w/o wscons enabled). With the muxing around, I
> always get EBUSY from the keyboards (either wskbd or wskbd1, the real
> kbd).

As I said, these should be unrelated things. The keyboard / mux
code doesn't know how many screens are allocated - there will
always be only one logical keyboard instance. (The X server is
supposed to close() the wskbd if its screen is switched away from.)

As I said, I had problems with wsmux too - I always got
EBUSY when I tried to get screenblank(1) working.
I'm afraid the reference count logics is broken, but
at the moment I don't have time to look at it.

best regards
Matthias