Subject: Re: Making boot floppy by DiskCopy
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/1999 13:46:37
On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 12:21:07AM +0900, ?$BF#86?(B  ?$B@??(B Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
> Sorry, MacOS is not handy with me right now. But I think
> the point on MacOS is,
> (1) start DiskCopy
>     (Do nothing other than that.)
> (2) Insert boot floppy
> I think you will figure out.

Ah... silly me; I figured the 'Make Image from Floppy...' menu command
was the way to successfully make an image from a floppy - obviously I
was mistaken, as this lets the Finder get at the disk (and demand its
initialization or ejection).

When I follow Makoto's simple instructions above, I can make a copy of
the disk.

::sigh::

Anyway, Disk Copy 4.2 and 6.x disk images, stuffed (with stuffit 4
protocols not 5... I hope) can be found in both MacBinary and BinHex
formats at:

http://eclipsed.net/netbsd/

That probably belongs in the FAQ. (This server is stable for at least
the next three years, at which point there may be a week or two of
downtime, then some DNS propogation, then it'll be up again.
Coincidentally, I'll graduate from swarthmore.edu in three years. You
do the math. ;^>)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net