Subject: Re: dhclient impossible w/NFS?
To: None <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov, jdela22@hotmail.com>
From: John Annaker <jdela22@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/18/1999 03:11:01
>Yes. You need to get the IP address only once, not twice as you are now.
>
>You need a kernel compiled with the NFS_BOOT_DHCP option. It will make the
>netboot code use dhcp.
>
>Given that you're netbooting, what's the problem? You've used bootp to get
>an address, isn't it ok? Also, most dhcp servers can act as bootp servers
>too, so you probably got your IP address from the same server with bootp
>and with dhcp. :-)

I believe I have the NFS_BOOT_DHCP option enabled, the problem is that when
I start dhclient, it talks to my bootp server (192.168.1.2) instead of my
cable modem DHCP server. so, i put "reject 192.168.1.2" in my dhclient.conf
file, and thats where I am now...nfs disconnects when the cable modem server
assigns me an IP address. (but as told, the responses from 192.168.1.2 are
rejected)

since my system appears to be assigning me 192.168.1.1 automatically, is
there any sort of file on the server (or client machine) that could be
assigning me 192.168.1.1? I know its not ifconfig.bm0...

thanks
john