Subject: Re: floppy support - how soon?
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/16/1999 19:32:55
On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 04:21:57PM -0700, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> Want a driver?  I did a lot of pounding to get one that mostly works under
> MkLinux, based on some pieces of Mach and pieces of Copland and some
> custom code by a couple of people.  It's BSD licensed jointly by Apple
> Computer and... MkLinux Developer's Association, if I worded that license
> like I think I did).  You're welcome to port it to NetBSD (should be
> mostly header munging).
>
> If anyone is interested in porting it, let me know, and I'll be glad to
> answer any questions if you run into anything in the driver that doesn't
> make sense (I'm painfully familiar with it).  :-)

I would love to see that source, if you've got it. I'm (for obvious
reasons) not the person to talk to about getting it in the NetBSD
tree, but if I can hack my floppy driver into working stably enough
for tripwire, I'll be happy.

Again, if no one else is working on this, I'd be willing to take a
whack at it.

Doesn't port-mac68k have floppy support? Is it different here
because... the floppy drive goes through the PCI chain? (Along those
lines, doesn't port-mac68k have nubus support? Why doesn't port-macppc
then? Because of the differences between 68k motorolas and PPCs instead
of between PCI and nubus busses?)

Anyway, David, if you can email me your source (preferably privately,
not to the list), I'd appreciate a chance to muck around with it.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net