Subject: Booting MacPPC / Boot Floppy
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <manji@labridge.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/16/1999 09:06:52
I'm stuck loading the macintosh ppc port onto my powerbook G3 (233 mhz)
- I can't boot off the floppy. I made it according to the posted
directions (use suntar's sector copy options to put the floppy image
boot.fs directly onto a dos formatted floppy) but it won't boot.

I'm able to look at the floppy if I mount it as a kernel file system
on another mac (mac68k) running netbsd, and it has files on it,
  (boottime hostname loadavg pagesize rootdev
   version copyright hz msgbuf phsymem time)

but these don't seem right to me, and besides, it won't boot.

Did I get the correct boot image ?
Did I build the floppy properly ?
Can I buy a boot floppy from somone ?
Is there a better way ?