Subject: 7100/80
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: supermac <supermac@bellsouth.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/12/1999 20:47:11
I would be interested in trying to get NetBSD working on my Mac. I was
successful with MkLinux w/ KDE glibc 2.1 but I gave up after hfsutils
package somehow messed up my HFS partition 3 times requiring a
re-partition each time (would not even re-format). My G4 500MHz is on
the way and i'm waiting on an alternative OS for that also (I was
informed that LinuxPPC wouldn't run on a 128 bit machine). I currently
know a little c/c++ and _was_ very proficient in PASCAL and dabbled a
bit in basic and C64 basic, i'm currently learning JAVA 2.

Machine Info:
7100/80 Non-AV 601
72MB RAM
Non-AV model with 2MB VRAM upgrade
Using PC compatible 15in monitor w/ adapter
Kensington Orbit (MkLinux saw as a standard ADB w/ only one button)
SupraExpress 33.6sp modem

If you need any more info just ask…
Marshall