Subject: Re: Trying to talk to tty01 with cu...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/1999 11:45:02
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > Yeah, I went looking for cua* devices, but it doesn't look like MAKEDEV
> > knows how to make them.
>
> They are dty00 and dty01 on NetBSD.

Ah!  OK.  However, there are no dty* devices in /dev, and when I try to
make them, I get:

     ghek# ./MAKEDEV dty00
     dty00: unknown device

> Do an ls -l /dev/tty0*  Do the nodes look ok? they should be 12, 0 and 12,
> 1. ??

They look good:

     crw-------  1 root  wheel  12, 0 Sep  1 23:30 /dev/tty00
     crw-------  1 root  wheel  12, 1 Sep  1 13:15 /dev/tty01

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

     Death: You're an interesting young man. We'll meet again.
     Boris: Don't bother.
     Death: It's no bother.
                                       - Woody Allen,
                                         Love and Death