Subject: Re: Troubles with a vaguely 7500.
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@granularity.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/26/1999 10:31:06
At 3:58 PM -0700 8/25/99, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>As implied before, I've put the boot image from 1.4 back on my floppy
>and I'm proceeding with (privately given) advice from Dave Inskeep
><dinskeep@yahoo.com>, who suggested that I download all the packages
>from ftp.netbsd.org, burn them to a CD-R, mount that manually from the
>boot floppy, install from a local disk, and specify the CD I just
>mounted.

Just for giggles you could copy the ofwboot.xcoff and netbsd files from the
boot floppy image onto the CD-ROM you burn and boot directly from it.

boot scsi-int/@3:0,OFWBOOT.XCO

from memory.  It's a little faster too, but the test CD that I made worked
on a 8500 at home but not on a 7500 (with 604 upgrade) at work.  Don't know
what made the difference.