Subject: Re: Matrox
To: The Great Avatar <dearman@silverlink.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/1999 23:04:40
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, The Great Avatar wrote:

> Has anyone got a Matrox Millenium II working yet.  I am atempting it on a
> Starmax 3000 and it is resolving to a strange location in the dev-tree.
> The address I have /bandit@F2000000/pci-bridge@14/MTRX,Mistral@7 does not
> work.  Any help would be greatly excepted:)

I've not looked at NetBSD's video drivers, but this code snippet from
MkLinux might help:

   #define MGA_CONTROL_ADDRESS  3

        MGAMMIOBase = MGAMMIOBasePhys = (volatile unsigned char *) \
          (mga_node->addrs[MGA_CONTROL_ADDRESS].address);

I note that assuming you treat the bandit as an asic (i.e. child inherits
parent address + offset), it should work.  You don't need to do anything
special with pci_bridge, AFAICT.  Also note that it's the fourth address
entry (i.e. addrs[3]) that's used for the control base.  If there's no MGA
video driver in NetBSD, feel free to use the MkLinux code.  It might not
be that bad to port in, especially since it was implemented on top of a
hacked up version of NetBSD's old console code, I think.  If you'd like me
to email you the relevant files in their entireity, let me know.

David