Subject: Re: Getting started on new PB G3 Series
To: Tsubai Masanari <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/08/1999 22:11:11
On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 12:46:18AM +0900, Tsubai Masanari wrote:
> >What is necessary to get X working again?  I suspect it broke with the
> >new wsmux foo, so I added two additional tries in
>
> I don't know if this is the right fix, but it seems to make Xmacppc
> work again.
>
> diff -c sys/dev/wscons/wskbd.c~ sys/dev/wscons/wskbd.c
> *** sys/dev/wscons/wskbd.c~	Sun Aug  8 21:17:19 1999
> --- sys/dev/wscons/wskbd.c	Mon Aug  9 00:38:45 1999

It did not help on my DT G3 machine. Today's sup which changed
the handling of opening/ioctl'ing wskbd made wsconsctl -a work.

X still does not work. Then I added your patch, but still no
success, :-(

The following debug prints shows the resulting fd and errno
in macppcInit.c when going through the loop opening wskbd and
wsmouse /dev entries.

On wskbd it gets EBUSY, while wsmouse0 succeeds. The following
wskbd entries fail in various ways. /dev/wskbd[01235] do exist,
while wskbd[467] don't. (wskbd5 was added just as an experiment).

OsVendorInit 0
try /dev/wskbd0.
fd: -1, err: 16
try /dev/wsmouse0.
fd: 0, err: 16
try /dev/wskbd1.
fd: -1, err: 6
try /dev/wskbd2.
fd: -1, err: 6
try /dev/wskbd3.
fd: -1, err: 6
try /dev/wskbd4.
fd: -1, err: 2
try /dev/wskbd5.
fd: -1, err: 6
try /dev/wskbd6.
fd: -1, err: 2
try /dev/wskbd7.
fd: -1, err: 2
X: open kbd/mouse: No such file or directory
xdm error (pid 195): server unexpectedly died
xdm error (pid 195): Server for display :0 can't be started, session disabled

- Erik Bertelsen