Subject: GCC 2.95, GDB, and Booting B&W G3 from IDE HD
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Painter <jpaint@real.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/04/1999 13:08:47
I've recently installed NetBSD on a B&W G3 with a IDE hard drive.
I've run into the "unexpected interrupt" problem when tring to boot the
kernel from the hard drive.  Is there a fix for this yet?

The two other problems I've run into are GDB and the EGCS.  Does GDB even
work on NetBSD PPC?  If so, what arch (host) do I use to compile it?  I
suspect that EGCS-1.1.2 that comes with the install has a non-FPIC
compiled libgcc.a because my C++ shared libraries are failing to load
with a "non-reloatable segment" error.  Also, EGCS-1.1.2 has some nasty
name mangling bugs that were fixed in 2.95.  I'm unable to convince GCC
2.95 that it wants to compile on this platform.  Are there specific config
files that need to be used which are outside the standard compiler
distribution?

Regards,
Jay Painter

---