Subject: Re: Performa 6200CD
To: None <jeffsl@home.com, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Browne <matthewb@ihug.co.nz>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/03/1999 22:35:47
At 11:29 PM -0700 on 8/2/99, Jeff S wrote:

>Well, I got Mac OS 8.6 to run on my Performa 6200CD and it wasn't supposed to
>and since I have a new G3 as my primary system I've basically got this 6200
>free to be worked with.  I'd like to get it to work as a small,
>cross-platform, server running MkLinux and if I can contribute to the MkLinux
>effort in doing so, why not?  Any suggestions on how best to proceed?

I don't think 8.6 has any problem with the 6200, I'm running it myself.
As to the MkLinux thing, you probably will need to find out what is
left to be done in MkLinux to get it booting. I believe David Gatwood
who is also on this list could tell you more. If you do happen to find
what is currently preventing it from running feel free to pass on the
info.  :)

Matt Browne.