Subject: Re: netbsd/macppc on PB G3 Series?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Lucas Lay <segfault@cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/01/1999 21:36:21
Hi,

Perhaps it has been mentioned before in the list, perhaps not...

I just succeeded booting NetBSD 1.4/macppc on my PB G3 Series (Wallstree
II) through the floppy. Apparantly, I can boot from the floppy only
properly if I mount the media-bay floppy on the left side (i.e. fd2). Then
everything seems to go well.

If I try to boot with the floppy drive on the right side, it gives me the
"Default Catch!" error.

Also, I had some trouble with the MESH SCSI. I guess when rebooting from
Mac OS, MESH may have been "confused" or something, so that it doesn't
detect the external SCSI devices correctly. I had to disconnect the drive,
power on,  then shutdown again, reconnect the drive, then reboot to make
it work properly. I don't suppose this is somewhat of a bug?

Also, according to the literature given on the NetBSD site, Mac OS
partitioning scheme isn't supported for the NetBSD/macppc. Yet it seems
to be supported under NetBSD/mac68k. Is there a reason for this?

Cheers,

Lucas.