Subject: Re: Ethernet cards
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/01/1999 02:21:05
At 3:31 AM -0700 7/29/99, Matthew Reilly wrote:
>fission wrote:
>>
>> 1) To anyone who has netbooted successfully; what ethernet card and model
>> of Mac were you using? (if you don't telling me)
>
>It's my understanding that only the iMac and the Blue & White G3's can
>netboot. Am I wrong, anyone?

Back when I was trying out linuxppc, I used to be able to successfully
netboot my 7500 using built-in ethernet.  The file to be netbooted had
to be xcoff format with some slight modifications.  Part of the build process
for xcoff kernels was a taking the xcoff file the standard tools created and
running it through a small program called "hack-xcoff".

-- monroe