Subject: Re: Building domestic
To: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/30/1999 16:16:53
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, William R. Dickson wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> Hm -- maybe I'm not even doing the right thing, here!

Probably not. :-)

> Basically, I just want the header files and whatnot required by programs
> like asun's netatalk for certain features -- for example:
>
> # Location of the DES library and include files. Comment this out if you
> # don't want Randnum Exchange and 2-Way Randnum Exchange as allowable UAMs
> # for afpd. We expect libdes.a in $DESDIR/lib and des.h in
> $DESDIR/include.
> #DESDIR=/usr/local
>
> I seem to remember that with the mac68k port, I had to download and unpack
> the secr tarball.  There didn't seem to be one in the macppc directory, so
> I figured I'd try this source directory.  If that's not the case, can you
> tell me where I can get these files?

The secr tarball was not included as Tsubai (who is in Japan) built the
release. :-)

What exactly do you want? If you want libdes, then I think all you have to
do is cd to domestic/lib/libdes, and do a make includes, make, make
install.

If you want the secr tarball, then you also need basesrc in /usr/src. Most
of the "domestic" programs are crypto-added versions of in-tree programs.
As such, we share as much code as we can. The make files will reach over
into the non-domestic tree for the shared source, thus you need it. :-)

Good luck!

Take care,

Bill