Subject: Re: Making bootable disk -- not in FAQ yet
To: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/27/1999 22:09:36
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:19:26AM -0700, William R. Dickson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The FAQ list contains this question, but no answer yet.  Does anybody have
> any instructions at all they can send me?  I installed NetBSD on my

Something along the line

      cd /usr/mdec -- possibly below the installation mount point, but on disk to become bootable
      ./installboot -v ofwboot bootxx /dev/rsd0a

This is according to my scsi-based original Powermac G3 DT machine. For IDE
disks you should substitute at least the disk name and possibly the file names
or contents of the boot block files may be different for your machine.

- Erik