Subject: Making bootable disk -- not in FAQ yet
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/27/1999 11:19:26
Hi all,

The FAQ list contains this question, but no answer yet.  Does anybody have
any instructions at all they can send me?  I installed NetBSD on my
Starmax 5000/250 (IDE disk), installation went flawlessly, and when it was
over it said it'd reboot from the hard disk.  The system then sat there
silently and did nothing.  I tried rebooting manually and got a standard
Mac flashing question mark disk.  I'm guessing this is because I missed
some step involving telling the system to boot from the appropriate NetBSD
partition, but I've got no idea how to do this.

At the moment, I'm sweating it out in the nightmare that is Linux, as it's
the only thing I can get running on the StarMax so far, and I'd love to
wake up in a NetBSD world again.  Any help?  Any hints?  Anyone?

Thanks,

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

   "And he'd better have a dream that goes
    Beyond four walls"
                                       - Elvis Costello