Subject: Re: Mac compatibles and NetBSD
To: Kevin Schoedel <schoedel@kw.igs.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/25/1999 22:49:58
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Kevin Schoedel wrote:

> I don't claim they weren't doing something silly, and I don't remember
> the specific problem; I just remember it hanging when probing the CD-ROM
> drive, and the assertion that the drive was a problem, so I mentioned it
> just in case someone trying this machine encounters a CD-related problem.

:-)  Which reminds me....

Did the MacPPC port have to do anything major to the IDE driver to make it
work on the G3 desktop machines with Western Digital drives?  MkLinux uses
a derivative of your driver and it's giving us fits.  I tried to do some
patching to make it work on those, and that broke a bunch of CD-ROM drive
models.  Any thoughts?  What's the current revision on wd.c?

David