Subject: Re: Spelling Error, was Boot Test Offer
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/16/1999 11:48:40
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 11:07 AM -0700 7/16/99, David A. Gatwood wrote:
>
> I don't know if there are really that many people who use both *BSD and
> Linux, but consistency is nice if there is no reason to be different.  If
> what you say about *Linux is true then I would have to say you used the
> right order and we didn't.

I don't think there's a "right" order. There is, however, a
MacOS-compatable order, which is what mklinux & linuxppc are doing. :-)

I think our order stems from the fact that we had esp working before mesh,
and changing might re-arrange people's disks. :-)

> Is our order determined by the OF device list order, or by the kernel
> config file, or what?

I think it's kernel config. Try putting mesh before esp & see what
happens.

Take care,

Bill