Subject: [Fwd: IPNAT weirdness]
To: NetBSD <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: James T. Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/08/1999 09:14:09
--------------E7DEF72B8E3DEE54B86BCB3D

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 09:12:41 -0700
From: "James T. Nelson" <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
To: oof@oof.org
Subject: Re: IPNAT weirdness

I have another problem:

I set up IPNAT according to the FAQ's, and according to the samples provided
with 1.3.3, and I still cannot route from an mklinux on a Mac 7500 through the
NetBSD box on a i386 machine ppp and beyond.  I can ping the NetBSD box from
MkLinux without difficulty, adn I can talk to the internet from NetBSD.
Question, is there some kind of IP forwarding setting required as in Linux?  I
have set IPFILTER to 'YES' in rc.conf.  Has anyone had this experience?

Also, is anything besides IPMON supposed to show up in the processes.  running
ps -acx | grep ip gives only ipmon running.  I do not see "ipf" or "ipnat".
Ipnat loads in the network address translation rules correctly, as far as i
can tell.

Jim Nelson