Subject: Re: please support my Performa! :)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Browne <matthewb@ihug.co.nz>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/05/1999 12:37:36
At 7:42 PM -0300 on 7/4/99, Rafael Bohrer =C1vila wrote:

>Hi, I've been looking at your pages, and I'd REALLY appreciate if you
>guys could manage to support Performa machines. I own a Performa 6300CD,
>and it's very frustrating to see new releases of Mac-Unixes every month
>and find out that my particular Mac is still unsupported.
>
>I kind of work with the development of system software, too, so I'd be
>very glad to help you if possible.
>
>Best regards, and thanks in advance ;)
>Rafael Avila

Yep, I'd like to get it working on these machines too. The main problem
at the moment for these machines is the reliance in the Kernel that Open
=46irmware is present and it isn't for these machines. I believe though
that people are working on the other Nubus machines (i.e. 6100s..etc) and
to get these working that will have to change.

Unfortunately though I don't have a machine that I can cross compile from
so I can't do any major work myself until I get a second machine.

Matt Browne