Subject: Re: Creating serial console
To: None <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <UkneeqFNG@aol.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/03/1999 04:18:23
We have gotten a little farther. This is what my friend wrote:

It is booting TTYA to the modem port as we suspected.  My dads terminal is
able to communicate with it where as my FreeBSD is not.  I can now command
your computer with my terminal keyboard!!!  Now the only problem is its
saying invalid sector on boot disk panic!  <--- I have no idea what that is
but I'm going to make a new disk I think.

Is this the right step? I will be at my friends house tomorrow to help
(hopefully) install netbsd because we have it communicating to something.
Unfortunatley when we try a serial connection to the printer port and try the
ttyb it just says unknown word. Any suggestions? Will the terminal be fine to
install netbsd?

Thanks for everything,
Fedil