Subject: CLAIM failed and post-install question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/30/1999 11:14:08
Hi all,

I've got two questions, hopefully easy ones:

1) I'm trying to boot a beige desktop G3 from the installation floppy.
   After typing "boot fd:0" I get the error, "CLAIM failed".  Any
   idea what's up with that?

2) I successfully installed 1.4 on my Motorola StarMax 5000/250, but
   couldn't boot it afterward.  Is there some step that needs to be
   performed manually after installation to make the machine boot from
   the NetBSD disk?

Thanks,

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

     Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or
     a dose of common sense.
                                              - Chapman Cohen