Subject: Re: NetBSD on PowerCenter Pro... Sort of
To: PortMacPPC-NetBSD <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/27/1999 13:47:31
Andy Finnell wrote:

> I can also get NetBSD to boot off the floppy.  However it stops most of
> the way through the boot and says something about the date moving 346
> days ahead.  This is right after it tells me that the root file system
> is of type ffs.  After this error message the boot stops.  I can then
> look around the file system with the basic commands and even mount the
> CD that has the 1.4 installation sets on it.  However, I can't find
> sysinst anywhere.  From the installation notes I got the impression it
> was supposed to come up in the boot.

To answer my own dumb question, it helps to use the installation floppy,
not the boot floppy.

Anyway, I got NetBSD-1.4 installed on my system.  However I can't get it
to boot from the hard drive.  When the OF console comes up, I type boot
scsi/sd@6:0 and press return.  It acts like its going to boot, but gets
stuck fairly quickly.  The NetBSD Openfirmware Booter message comes up
spits out a few numbers (addresses?) prints "starting:  0x100000" and
then hangs indefinitely.  Any ideas?  The hard drive in question is a 3
Gig Quantum Fireball on scsi id 6. Thanks,

	-andy